Water is one of the most precious resources in the world of Eastern Colorado agriculture. The Republican River Water Conservation District (RRWCD), located in Wray, Colorado, is tasked by the State to ensure this resource that lies within the Republican River Watershed Basin is used efficiently and effectively, while still achieving and maintaining Compact Compliance with Nebraska and Kansas.
We are seeking a full-time Finance and Office Manager to join our team. This position is an excellent opportunity to learn about, engage in, and assist with complex compact compliance water issues. Help RRWCD achieve its goals!
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General accounting functions and maintenance, including, but not limited to
- Maintain timely Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and prepare monthly management account reports.
- Invoice commercial and municipal water users.
- Prepare month-end accounting procedures and reconciliations of financial data flows.
- Calculate payroll and make relevant payments to employees and other stakeholders.
- Prepare all end of year reporting including, but not limited to, preparation and distribution of W-2s and 1099s.
- Work closely with the general manager, accounting consultant, and budget committee, the role will lead the budget preparation process and discussion for quarterly Board meetings.
- Coordinate, prepare for and participate in annual audit with auditing firm and explain process/outcome with Board.
- Liaise with county assessors and treasurers within the District to obtain and disseminate producer records for assessment fee collection.
- Work closely with local, state, and national government farm agencies to coordinate and disburse program payments.
- Assist in applying for and tracking grant funds including, but not limited to, track incoming and outgoing funds, report on available funds as requested, distribute to contractors, file reports as necessary for reimbursement and/or proof of monies spent.
- Assist in the preparation of ad-hoc reporting as requested by general manager, board members, professional consultants, government agencies, and others.
Office Manager/General RRWCD duties
- Assist general manager, producers, farm related government agencies in the retirement of irrigated farms acres within the District.
- Research, using all available tools including FSA/NRCS documents, other government assessments of property, to determine producer eligibility for farm programs.
- Upkeep of District’s website and its functions, (ex: Board member’s portals, meeting notices, general RRWCD information, etc.).
- Coordinate and prepare for quarterly board meetings (packets, facility, food, agenda, presenters, etc.); assist with and take meeting minutes.
- Organize and facilitate virtual/teleconference meetings as needed.
- General receptionist duties.
- Possess solid accounting knowledge and experience
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to manage complex tasks and projects with firm deadlines
- Valid Driver’s License
- Familiarity with irrigated agriculture
- Familiarity with water conservation districts
- Experience with USDA programs
- Knowledge of water issues and water compacts in the western United States, specifically in Colorado, Nebraska, and Kansas as related to agriculture practices
- Ability to use Quickbooks for accounting purposes and Access for database creation and reporting
What we offer
We offer a fun and challenging role in a collaborative and dynamic environment. The right applicant will be immersed in the world of water and agriculture, make extremely important contacts and connections with private entities as well as the related governmental agencies, and work to aid the District in achieving and maintaining compact compliance.
Salary Range $50,000 to $70,000 gross annually
Benefits PERA, Paid Time Off, flexible work environment as determined by general manager
To apply, please email resume and two letters of recommendation to RRWCD’s General Manager, Deb Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to RRWCD, 410 Main Street, Ste. 8, Wray, Colorado 80758. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 P.M. on August 5, 2022.